How To Apply
Your application for graduate study in our department will not be considered complete until all of the following documents arrive in our office. Only those applications completed by the deadline date will be considered for financial support.
|Fall Admission||January 15th|
|Spring Admission||November 1st|
Step One: Complete the Graduate School Application
Complete the online application at http://graduateschool.colostate.edu/prospective-students/apply
NOTE: You must complete this step first. You will receive your CSU-ID Number which is needed in future steps.
Step Two: Submit Support Documents
- Two official transcripts from each college or university attended
- GRE scores: GRE scores should be reported directly to Colorado State University by Educational Testing Service (ETS). Use only the Institutional Code (R4075).
- Three letters of recommendation on or with our Departmental Recommendation Form:
- Financial Statement (Graduate School Form 3F) (International applicants only)
- TOEFL score (International applicants only)
TOEFL/IELTS SCORES – Request that TOEFL examination scores be reported from ETS to Colorado State University.
The institution code is 4075.
Photocopies will not be accepted.
The TOEFL is administered on campus – for more information, please call (970) 491-5060 or visit 123 Aylesworth.
The minimum TOEFL score for unconditional admission is 213 (computer based), 550 (paper based), or 80 (internet based).
The minimum IELTS score for admission without condition is 6.0.
All of the above documents should be submitted to:
Graduate Admissions Coordinator
Department of Biology Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523-1878
Step Three: Complete the Biology Supplemental Information
NOTE: You will need your CSU-ID Number to start this step. You will receive your CSU-ID Number by completing step one above.
Department of Biology Supplemental Information Form. Please fill out the information requested online by clicking on the following link. Department of Biology Supplemental Information Online Form