Advisor: Graham PeersOffice: A/Z E101Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
I'm interested in understanding how photosynthesis is regulated in order to improve crops for food and fuel. In most plants and algae, less than 5% of the light energy absorbed is used for growth. The other 95%, under ideal circumstances, is released deliberately to avoid damage or even death. My research focuses on characterizing how this excess energy is dissipated and how its regulation impacts overall photosynthetic efficiency.