You’ve always imagined your life helping animals. Veterinary school is not the only career path that allows you to work with animals. By providing a combination of coursework and experiential learning, the Professional Science Master’s (PSM) program in Zoo, Aquarium, and Animal Shelter Management prepares students for an applied career with animal organizations.
Our vision is to provide future leaders in animal welfare and conservation with the professional skills they need to amplify their influence within animal organizations. This highly flexible and mobile degree is responsive to the needs of our environment and our communities. We collaborate within and across professional animal organizations that represent the leading edge of animal welfare and conservation. In addition to fostering an inclusive environment that enables curious, creative, and courageous minds, we work independently and collaboratively to pursue answers, challenge assumptions, and exercise ethical responsibility within this field.
With an emphasis on hands-on learning, PSM students gain the necessary skills to lead an organization with animals in a variety of capacities. Although the name of the program lists our main areas of study (zoo, aquarium, and animal shelter), there are diverse experiential and career options available to explore throughout the program and into the field.
Current job titles of recent graduates include:
- Executive Director
- Development Director
- Behavior & Enrichment Manager
- Animal Shelter Manager
- Conservation Engagement Programs Manager
- Manager of Humane Education
- Guest Services Manager
- Animal Trainer
- Education Programs Manager
- Community Engagement Coordinator
- Keepers in elephants, sea lions, primates, and hoof stock
- And more!
Do you have a calling to work with animals? There’s no need to settle for a job you’re not passionate about.
Contact us to discuss if the PSM program in Zoo, Aquarium, and Animal Shelter Management is the next step in your journey toward becoming a leader in an animal organization.
This program is accredited at CSU by the National Professional Science Master’s Association (NPSMA) which means we offer a blend of business, science, and experiential learning.
Why a Professional Science Master’s (PSM)?
- Gain professional experience and skills in your field
- Be the most qualified candidate in a competitive job market
- Earn ~57% more income with a Master’s over your lifetime
Why our program?
- We are the only PSM program specializing in animal organization leadership
- 90% of our recent graduates received job offers at or before graduation
- We have a nearly 100% graduation rate in 21 months
- We provide a nuanced approach to ethical leadership and business management
- We set our students up for success through unique networking opportunities
Employers of our recent graduates:
INTERESTED IN APPLYING OR LEARNING MORE?
Stay in touch with what we’re up to by following us on Facebook and Instagram!