Administrative Professional & State Classified Hiring Process
To hire an administrative professional or state classified position, please follow the below steps. If you have questions, please contact Meagan Taverner at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send a Request to Hire email to Meagan Taverner with the position type, salary, and account number. All hires require approval from the College of Natural Sciences prior to starting the hiring process. Note: if funding has not been secured, you will be required to provide proof of funding and may not receive approval to start the hire until funding has been finalized with Sponsored Programs or the department.
- Create the position description or update the position description of the person that is being replaced (if applicable). The form will be emailed to you when you submit your request email.
- Decide if you want to hire from the Open Pools or conduct a search. The department has open pools for Research Associate, Research Scientist and Postdoctoral Fellow positions.
- Utilize the Office of Equal Opportunity’s Search Resources and familiarize yourself with the process and required policies and procedures for the hiring process.
It is important that you allow 6-8 weeks to conduct the search/hire and that you watch for email communications regarding additional items needed from you throughout the process in order to prevent delays.
Student Hourly Hiring Process
To hire a student hourly, please follow the below steps. If you have questions, please contact Maylou Flores at email@example.com
- Posting a position through Student Employment Services “JobX – Job Posting Service” http://ses.colostate.edu/job-posting-service
- Have the student employee fill out the Biographical information at the top of the Employment Form. You may pick up a hard copy of the form in the Accounting Office.
- PI/Faculty member should complete the bottom section of the Employment Form and sign at the bottom.
- Have the student bring the completed signed form to Maylou Flores.
- Student must complete the Form I-9 by the 3rd day from the date of hire.
- Driver’s license plus social security card OR Passport. MUST BE ORIGANAL DOCUMENTS (no copies).
- Cancelled check from the institution where pay is to be deposited
- (In lieu of cancelled check, routing number and account number will suffice – just be certain that it is accurate)
- Background check must be completed before keys can be issued.
Please remember – Do NOT ask students to begin work until after they are hired.
Job Titles/ Class Codes commonly used in Biology:
Student Researcher (999245)
Field Technicians, Lab Assistants, Laboratory Support, Scientist.
NOTE* Minimum wage, $12.00/ hour
For all current job titles, class codes and pay rates:
CSU biologist Kristen Ruegg is working with UCLA researchers to study which bird species are most impacted by the solar industry.
Ruegg received the NSF Career Award Grant of 1.18 M dollars to continue her research into migratory birds. Her team will study the migration of 11 species, the first empirical test of the theory that the individuals from the same breeding site migrating to the same wintering site promotes local adaptation in wintering areas.
Take a look back at key moments in the history of the College of Natural Sciences.
The Charles Maurer Herbarium Collection is the oldest in Colorado, conserving examples of more than 100,000 species of flora, with specimens dating back to the very beginning.