Colorado State University is honored to have world-renowned Cary Fowler visit campus and share his expertise. Dr. Fowler has produced and implemented some of the most important research on crop diversity. Come experience his insights.
- Produced the UN’s rst global assessment of the state of the world’s crop diversity while leading the International Conference and Programme on Plant Genetic Resources in the 1990s
- Chief author of the Food and Agriculture Organization’s Global Plan of Action for Plant Genetic Resources and led its adoption by 150 countries in 1996
- Integral to the negotiations for the International Treaty on Plant Genetic Resources
- Leader in saving one of the world’s largest living collections of fruit and berry varieties at the Pavlovsk Experiment Station in Russia in 2010
- Pro led on 60 Minutes for his role in the “Doomsday Vault” – the world’s most unique seed bank – where the vault is frozen colder than the permafrost so it will stay frozen for 25 years if the power goes out
Click here for more details: https://www.biology.colostate.edu/thornton-massa-lecture-series
This annual lecture is endowed by generous contributions from the families of Dr. Emil Massa and Bruce and Mildred Thornton.