PSM Admissions Criteria
We are excited to get to know you better and help determine if we are a good fit for your needs. Our PSM degree is a rigorous and competitive program. Being a unique specialization, we are looking for students that are passionate, articulate and creative who will shine both in their graduate work and in future employment. We are training future leaders.
What we’re looking for:
- Undergraduate record and GPA– Students who took a rigorous undergraduate schedule in a science field are the most qualified applicants. A minimum of 3.0 GPA is required. For more information please read the FAQ about GPA. (insert link on GPA)
- Demonstrated interest in the field– We ask for a resume or CV detailing prior employment, internships or volunteering in the animal field help to show a commitment to this career path. Be thorough and complete when describing past experience.
- Graduate record exam– While no minimum scores are required, the GRE can help distinguish a student likely to succeed in a graduate program. * GRE is not required for incoming SDP students.
- Statement of purpose– A well-written and creative statement of purpose can help us to identify students who are passionate and committed as well as highlighting unique skills
- Three letters of recommendation– Strong letters of recommendation that help us get to know you as a student, future leader and person will help us evaluate your likelihood to succeed in our program and the field of management. A strong letter will comment on:
- Your character and professionalism
- Your ability to succeed in rigorous coursework
- Your ability to think critically
- Your attitude and demeanor
If you are selected as a top candidate, we will ask for an interview (by phone or in person). We are interested in students who can communicate their ideas with distinction and demonstrate a deep commitment to excellence.